Anti-crisis PR is a complex of measures for forecasting, preventing and overcoming crisis situations, depicting a company's reputational and financial risks.
As a rule, anti-crisis PR relates to the prompt response to the existing unfavorable situations for a company, adapting to changed conditions, neutralization of negative technologies and their implications.
However, anti-crisis PR-program should consist of three parts:
- Prevention of crises (the identification of key issues and potential threats to the company, the development of preventive measures)
- An effective solution to the crisis (operative development and implementation of the action plan of the company in the event of a crisis)
- Post-crisis response (implementation of PR-activities for the rehabilitation / strengthening of reputation)
The solution to crisis situations typically includes the following activities:
- Initial and ongoing monitoring of the information space
- Strategy development (a set of measures, key messages, conceptual emphasis, effective channels and forms of conveying information etc.)
- The alignment of work with the mass media: press releases, press events, official announcements, placing materials in mass media
- Realization of work with public opinion on social networks and blogging spheres
- Connection of «influence agency» and leaders of opinion